Mr Deepak Jha, CEO and Managing Director, British Columbia Faculty of Administration (BCCM) talks about his imaginative and prescient. BCCM was just lately incepted and 2022-23 is the very first educational 12 months.
1. Establishing a brand new academic institute isn’t any little one’s play, that too in an space the place there isn’t any dearth of studying centres with hospitality training and culinary institutes mushrooming throughout India. What ideas went into the entire strategy of BCCM?
Reply . Sure , this isn’t a simple task and on the identical time this isn’t new both. I’ve already established my very own lodge administration faculties (CIHM) in North Bihar in 2015 and our placement is our successes mantra. I all the time settle for the challenges and discover the potential of contributing in higher solution to our hospitality sector and to the society. Within the final seven years we have now supplied higher infrastructure, lecturers, and coaching which helped us to position 100% of our college students in all main nationwide and worldwide chains of accommodations in India and overseas, which has given me the arrogance that I can do significantly better in Delhi NCR.
2. What gave you the arrogance that BCCM is all set to welcome college students?
Reply. World class infrastructure, our very long time methods, planning, nationwide and worldwide associations, skilled schools, and BCCM management workforce.
3. What are the USPs of finding out at BCCM?
Reply : Owned and managed by professionals, studying immediately from the recruiters immediately, know-how primarily based expert primarily based versatile curriculum supported by LMS which permits college students the pliability to select up any task as per their comfort, examine supplies, course content material augmented with business interplay, and actual life store flooring inputs from senior managers working in reputed manufacturers, assured 100% placement, certificates from UGC NAAC-A authorised College within the first 12 months and a pair ofnd & 3rd years from overseas college which is able to assist college students to get a two 12 months work allow in Canada and Europe.
4. You’re a veteran within the hospitality business and have witnessed it change and evolve. How prepared are the hospitality graduates for a job within the business?
Reply : That is very true that now the state of affairs modified and our college students are getting positioned into hospitality and tourism sector, airways , retail, banking, IT Sector. However the recruitments are majorly taking place within the hospitality and tourism sectors.
5. What do you suppose are the winners? What are the inherent qualities in Indian college students that may take them locations?
Reply. In India, in comparison with different administration graduates, lodge administration graduates are getting much less wage, however service expenses and suggestions compensate for that, however that’s solely in 5 star accommodations. We’re helping them to work in Canada and Europe the place their wage might multiply by 5 to 6 instances. There’s a desire and an enormous demand for Indian expert manpower.
6.What are the areas that want enchancment?
Reply . All establishments ought to focus extra on sensible than theoretical training . Higher internships ought to be supplied to their college students and accommodations ought to deal with them as internship college students.
7. How can one make it occur?
Reply . By having an excellent publicity to the hospitality sector and be passionate to do one thing for the business and society .
8. What are BCCMs plans for the instant future? What can the scholars or dad and mom anticipate in terms of careers?
Reply . To start out our Canada and Europe department operations by December this 12 months, and on-line training and certification programs for working govt by November 2022.
9. BCCM in 2025 – What are your desires?
Reply . BCCM ought to be acknowledged because the main and famend administration faculty of India.